This publish may possibly contain affiliate links. Study my disclosure policy.
Buckeye Balls are an Straightforward dessert produced from peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate and refrigerated to make a no-bake candy deal with with only six ingredients!
We’re in the mood for chocolate candy this week, and we’re whipping up Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy, and Chocolate Covered Oreos!
Buckeye Balls are balls produced from creamy peanut butter, vanilla, butter, and powdered sugar rolled into a dough and dipped in melted chocolate. They’re creamy, nutty, chocolatey and generally one of the most best desserts you’ll ever try.
They’re no bake and only consider 6 components, so you can make these ahead of time and place them in the freezer right up until you require them. The peanut butter model of the ever common Oreo Balls.
When you’re rolling out the peanut butter balls, a trick I realized when I very first commenced producing this recipe was to rub a little quantity of butter in between your hands.
This will make positive the dough doesn’t stick to your hands even though you’re forming the balls. Then use a toothpick to dip them into the chocolate, but not all the way, thats what gives them the “eye” seem.
The name Buckeye Balls came about simply because Buckeyes are a nut on the Ohio state tree, which inspired this buckeye candy recipe. Now these candy buckeyes are common across the United States, but especially in the midwest.
PS, I dipped them with toothpicks and smoothed more than about half with a fast pinch and pat so you can see the big difference in the images to see which way you choose. Either way they’re just as delightful!
HOW DO YOU Retailer BUCKEYE BALLS?
Buckeye balls can be stored refrigerated in an airtight container. These have a great deal of sugar in them, so I wouldn’t worry also a lot if they had been left on the counter for a few hours. But the butter and peanut butter will get softer the longer they’re at room temperature, and your buckeyes won’t hold up as long, so the fridge is the greatest way to keep them. They will maintain for three-four weeks refrigerated.
CAN YOU FREEZE BUCKEYE BALLS?
I normally have a rule that I don’t freeze chocolate dipped desserts, but for these I make an exception. Simply because peanut butter is the bulk of this recipe, I believe that freezing them really works truly effectively, plus you can make them way ahead of time if you’re serving them at a get together. They need to hold in the freezer for 2-three months. Make sure they’re in an airtight container, so the chocolate doesn’t get condensation on it.
Ideas FOR Generating BUCKEYE BALLS
- I make this buckeye balls recipe with shortening to assist thin the chocolate, but you can leave the vegetable shortening out if you don’t have any.
- Sprinkle the buckeyes with sea salt, caramel sauce, crushed cookies, or drizzle with dark chocolate for decoration.
- Make certain you line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or the balls will stick to the sheet.
- Don’t skip refrigerating (or freezing) the peanut butter balls before you dip them in chocolate. This is the key to acquiring the balls to hold their form although you’re dipping!
- Make positive the peanut butter you use has sugar in the elements. You need a shelf steady creamy peanut butter that has sweetness and holds up greater than the natural version.
- Use salted butter if you want to attempt a sweet and salty flavor. If I do this, I normally add a drizzle of caramel sauce, too.
Like this recipe? Save it to your Pinterest board now!