This straightforward cucumber and tomato salad tastes like summertime in a bowl. The dressing is light and zingy from the vinegar, the cucumbers and onion are so pleasantly crunchy you can’t cease consuming them, and the tomatoes are so juicy and sweet they burst in your mouth. It’s perfect as a light summertime snack, but would also be a great side dish at any barbecue or cookout or even an addition to other salads. Go ahead and make a big vat of this and keep it in the fridge. It’ll disappear in no time.
- three big cucumbers, peeled and lower into one/four-in. thick slices
- 3 ripe tomatoes, minimize into wedges
- one Vidalia or sweet onion, sliced into rings
- one/two cup white vinegar
- one/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- three tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- two teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Area cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a big bowl set aside.
Whisk together vinegar, water, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until finally sugar and salt dissolve. Pour dressing in excess of cucumber mixture toss to coat.