Serve this colorful chopped tomato, onion, and cucumber salad with or above anything at all. With tomatoes, onion, cucumber, parsley, and a easy vinaigrette, the salad is crunchy, ultra-flavorful and is vegetarian. Jump to the Chopped Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber Salad Recipe or study on to see our suggestions for producing it.
How to Make the Ideal Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
Adam came up with this salad at the starting of summertime, and we’ve been making it ever given that. If you meal prep, this is the perfect salad to have in your fridge to add crunch, colour, and taste to meals. You can serve it with just about anything at all. Truly. Consider a appear beneath for some tips.
The salad is straightforward to make — mix finely diced tomatoes, sweet onion, and cucumbers. Stir in plenty of fresh parsley and finish with a easy vinegarette.
The dressing is really related to what we use when creating our orzo and cucumber salad or this effortless chickpea and tomato salad.
Start with some vinegar (or use fresh lemon) then whisk in a bit of Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil. It’s fresh, light and operates superbly with the juices from the chopped tomatoes and cucumber.
The salad keeps covered in the fridge for two to three days. As it sits, juices from the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber mingle with the dressing, creating it taste even far better. I enjoy the juices at the bottom of the bowl so much I consume it with a spoon.
We’ve been making this all summer time long. It’s scrumptious on its personal, but our favourite way to appreciate it is as a “salsa.” We eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
How we serve the chopped salad
The alternatives for serving this colorful salad are endless. Right here are a few tips:
- Spoon more than scrambled eggs for breakfast
- Stir into rice, quinoa, or other cooked grains
- Include to tacos or lettuce wraps
- Serve on leading of baked fish, chicken or pork chops
- Add to much more considerable salads for further shade and crunch
- Spoon on leading of creamy hummus and serve with pita chips
- Include to cold soups like gazpacho for crunch
- Take pleasure in on best of grilled bread, like you would tomato bruschetta
- Serve as a fresh salsa alongs >