- one cup all-objective flour
- one teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- one/three cup sizzling water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Seasoned Taco Meat, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, sliced jalapeno pepper, shredded lettuce, optional
- In a modest bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt stir in scorching water to type a soft dough. Cover and let stand for thirty minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a six-in. circle.
- In an electrical skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry bread in sizzling oil for 2-three minutes on each and every side or until finally golden brown drain on paper towels. Serve with preferred toppings.
in honor of our native americans. This is a should!
Easy recipe, simple to double or triple, I additional a tiny onion powder and it turned out to be a great addition to any supper.
Excellent and simple recipe. You can lighten it and stretch it by dividing the dough into four pieces and rolling out to a 4 inch round. That makes them about best for Navajo tacos!
My husband raved and raved about how great this was. I thought it was very very good also. I made it with healthful canola oil. One little issue – when I added the sizzling water, it didn’t mix up into a dough, so I additional more water till it was a stiff doughy consistency and it turned out fine. Quite effortless to make.