The ratio of cereal to marshmallow tends to make or breaks a rice krispie treat– actually! For extra gooey and buttery rice krispie treats, use this recipe. Adding a small added butter and marshmallow, plus a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt makes all the distinction.
I wasn’t going to publish this recipe because– really– how a lot of approaches can one make a rice krispie treat? (Hello cake batter rice krispie treats from permanently in the past!) The web is flooded with these traditional marshmallow squares, but I figured you may like to know how I’ve been making them more than the years…? Possibly? Hopefully?
This is, with out query, the very best way to make rice krispie treats and I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve to promise that the treats are further marshmallow-y, additional gooey, extra buttery, additional flavorful, and added Amazing. I make these each time I need to have anything swift and guaranteed crowd-pleasant. In fact, I just served a double batch at a large cookout in excess of the weekend. Not a single square left.
Crispy rice treats are a absolutely retro dessert and when you get that very first bite, you’re immediately reminded why they’re a staple. So very good!!
five Components in These Rice Krispie Treats
You only want five simple elements for these no-bake squares.
- Butter: Like all excellent desserts, the base of wonderful rice krispie treats is butter! You want three/4 cup, which is 12 Tablespoons or one.five sticks.
- Marshmallows: These krispie treats are extra marshmallow-y without having falling apart. You want 2 10-ounce bags (about eleven heaping cups) of mini marshmallows.
- Vanilla Extract: This is an simple addition that turns a very good rice krispie treat into a wonderful rice krispie treat. You only require one/2 teaspoon, but what a distinction it tends to make!
- Salt: Salt is an additional tiny addition I add to my rice krispie treats. Like vanilla extract, salt is a super handy ingredient and you don’t need to have considerably of it. Just a pinch adds a depth of taste otherwise absent from crispy rice treats.
- Rice Krispies Cereal: What’s a crispy treat without rice krispies cereal? The best!
Melt the butter and marshmallows in a massive pot on the stove, then remove from heat and gently stir in the remaining ingredients. I just use my helpful 5.5 quart dutch oven. It’s the perfect size!
Best Ratio of Marshmallow to Cereal
An essential issue in a rice krispie deal with recipe is the ratio of marshmallow to cereal. As well considerably cereal and the squares will taste dry, crunchy, and bland. Also much marshmallow and the squares will be as well sticky and fall apart. The greatest ratio for a 913 inch baking pan is 2 10-ounce bags of mini marshmallows (11 heaping cups) and 9 cups of cereal.
To avert any kind of sticking, line your baking pan with greased parchment paper. I just lightly spray the parchment paper with a small nonstick spray.
The #1 Trick for Rice Krispie Treats
Do you want an added buttery melt-in-your-mouth marshmallow square? Of course you do. In order to achieve this, do NOT pack the rice krispie treats down into the baking pan. Use greased fingers or a greased spatula to softly spread and stretch the mixture into the pan, then use a flat spatula to very gently press the mixture down. Do not compact it with force otherwise your treats will be thin and difficult. Instead, just lightly press the treats down into the pan. Butter the back of a flat spatula or spray with a tiny nonstick spray to avert sticking. Your treats will be soft however crisp and not overly crunchy.
That’s basically it! I don’t require to persuade you that rice krispie treats are delicious, but I hope you attempt these minor extras (the vanilla, salt, ratio of marshmallow to cereal) the next time you need a recipe for these marshmallow squares.