Recipe by: souporsweets
- one pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/four teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into one/2 inch pieces
- 1 huge onion, diced
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 (13.75 ounce) cans chicken broth
- six potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup hefty cream
- one/four bunch fresh spinach, hard stems eliminated
- Add all components to list
- Include all elements to list
1 h 25 m
- Cook the Italian sausage and red pepper flakes in a Dutch oven more than medium-high heat right up until crumbly, browned, and no longer pink, ten to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in the same Dutch oven more than medium heat until finally crisp, about ten minutes. Drain, leaving a couple of tablespoons of drippings with the bacon in the bottom of the Dutch oven. Stir in the onions and garlic cook until finally onions are soft and translucent, about five minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the Dutch oven with the bacon and onion mixture carry to a boil more than substantial heat. Add the potatoes, and boil until finally fork tender, about 20 minutes. Decrease the heat to medium and stir in the heavy cream and the cooked sausage heat by means of. Combine the spinach into the soup just ahead of serving.